Kelly has worked in the nonprofit space for over 25 years. The mission of Gilda’s Club is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are not alone, empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. You can learn more about Gilda’s Club Delaware Valley here. And learn about how to make a critical contribution here.
On the show, we discussed the following highlights:
1. The challenges of operating, marketing, and funding a non-profit in today’s economic struggles.
2. As with all non-profits, we discussed how to stay competitive in today’s very challenging and competitive fundraising environment.
3. We discuss the similarities between non-profits and running a business, and the similarities between nonprofits and entrepreneurial ventures.
4. Kelly shared some innovative ways they are reaching out to potential donors.
5. We discussed the importance of grants and the grant-writing process to non-profits.
6. Marketing is becoming an increasing important element of thriving non-profits.
7. Co-host Charles talks about the utilization of strategies to raise venture capital also apply to non-profits.
8. We discuss the role of technology and non-profits.
9. Finally, Kelly shares her vision for where non-profits are going over the next 3 to 5 years.
If you enjoyed this broadcast, please subscribe on iTunes here. A positive customer rating would be much appreciated as well.
Today’s question: Response to intervention (RTI)… What is it? And how does it work?
As Dr. Golson and Ron Davis explain, response to intervention (RTI) is a process by which a teacher has to report progress on a special needs student learning specific skills, and whether or not they are learning the skill in a timely manner. It is a comprehensive reporting process.
But the big question is, how does a teacher handle their responsibilities with RTI…and also take care of a full class of students? It can become a burden and is time consuming…
Ron discusses a solution to help teachers better manage this…
Here is Part 1 in the series…
[The series is hosted by Red Crayon President Dr. Nancy Golson and SIVAD President Ron Davis. Email Ron Davis with any questions, or to learn more.]
Ron Davis and Charles Davis both recently appeared on a local Atlanta radio show, Marketing From The Streets.
On the show, Ron and Charles discussed the keys to success for a small start-up to grow and thrive in what has been a sluggish and difficult economy.
Click here to see the full write-up.
Shining a Light on Today's Innovators and Entrepreneurs in Business, Technology, and Government.
Subscribe to the show through iTunes!
Suzanne Leveille from OpenNotes: Improving the communication between doctor and patient!
A pleasure to welcome Suzanne Leveille to the program today. Suzanne is a professor of nursing at The University of Massachusetts-Boston, and the research director for OpenNotes. OpenNotes is an initiative that invites patients to review their visit notes written by their doctors, nurses, or other clinicians. As a patient, you have the right to [...] (read more)
© 2013 SIVAD, All Rights Reserved